DVD: 50 minutes
I think they think...
Overcoming social phobia
In this video from Monkey See Productions three people talk of their experiences with social phobia and teach the techniques that they have used to help overcome it. These techniques are taught in plain language by these three people and by Professor Ron Rapee, Professor of Psychology, Macquarie University, and Dr Lisa Lampe, a consultant psychiatrist specialising in the treatment of social phobia. This video is a complement to Ron Rapee's recent book Overcoming Shyness and Social Phobia.
The video gives a general overview of social phobia, before moving on to teach, in some detail, practical strategies for overcoming it.
Cognitive behaviour therapy has proven to be the most successful treatment for social phobia yet developed. It involves common sense and practical notions of how to recover, yet it is based on years of psychological research. This video will teach you to use these tools that have worked so well for other people, and that have been proven to be effective. The video has also been used very successfully by health professionals in clinical and teaching situations, and as a training and discussion tool for group therapy.
- What is social phobia and how is it treated?
- Self monitoring
- Cognitive behaviour therapy - realistic thinking
- Cognitive behaviour therapy - graded exposure
- Managing general anxiety - meditation
- The role of medication
What sets I think they think... apart from other mental health videos?
- The techniques are taught by people who actually have (or have had) social phobia
- You get to know these people as they talk to you about how they overcame their social phobia
- The video was produced in consultation with a leading expert in the treatment of social phobia
- We are not aware of any other videos dealing specifically with social phobia
- This video was NOT produced in affiliation with any pharmaceutical company
Click here for a review of the video "I think they think..."?
Would you like to see some extracts from the video "I think they think..."? (stills and text only)
Price (in Australian Dollars): $45.00 + postage / handling
How much in your currency? Universal Currency Converter
Find out about Freight Charges and How to Order
Have you seen the funny side of social phobia?
Other videos from Monkey See Productions:
- No more bets please!
Overcoming problem gambling
presented by H G Nelson
- Me depressed? Don't make me laugh!
A guide to overcoming depression
presented by Spike Milligan
- Fight or flight?
Overcoming panic and agoraphobia
- Manic Depressive Illness
A guide to living with it
- Living with Schizophrenia
Home | Contact Monkey See Productions | Ordering Information | Depression Video | Panic Video | Manic Depressive Illness Video
Schizophrenia Video | Gambling Video